torsdag 21 januari 2016

Fast Food Nation

A few days ago I created a post about the feature film Bold Native - a movie with animal rights and direct action in its plot. Today I want to share another movie that's not a documentary with you!

I watched a movie called Fast Food Nation a few years ago together with friends from an animal rights group here in Lund (in Sweden). We had a bunch of gatherings with watching movies - with some kind of animal rights theme - on the agenda. Watching these movies together was nice.

So, what did I think of Fast Food Nation? Well first of all it is an interesting film. It reminds me a little bit of the movie Erin Brockovich in the way that it is also being about a person on a quest for knowledge and justice. Where Erin brings down a power company accused of polluting a city's water supply Fast Food Nation's protagonist Don Anderson tries to find out what is going on behind the scenes of the meat industry.

Fast Food Nation isn't very much about animal rights, but I think it can give its viewers an insight in the meat industry and I think that insights like that is worth a lot.

Fast Food Nation was released in 2006 and is partly written by Eric Schlosser who also has written the book Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal.

*New* Fast Food Nation Trailer


2 kommentarer: